Monday, October 24, 2011

Serenity (dir. Joss Whedon [2005]) and Star Trek (dir J.J. Abrams [2009])

Alright, what? 
Somehow I managed to watch the whole movie, but trust me, I was very confused. I understood the basics - war, man-eaters, Han Solo want-to-be’s - but all the character background went right by me. I had no clue to there relationships save for what I could gather from the movie and remember from my sister’s occasional rant about it.
Like I said before this movie was supped to be viewed after watching the entire series. It’s like watching only Conquest of Shamballa and not the Fullmetal Alchemist series before it. Trust me you would be jus as confused if not more.
So what can I say about it. 
Well, I didn’t fall in love with one of the characters since I didn’t really get a chance to meet them. The style kind of reminded me of a mix between Star Trek, Han Solo from Star Wars, and Battle Star Galactica. Each had their moments.
But really, I can’t write much about it, so I’ll tell you about the Star Trek movie.
This movie is amazing. You can love it even if you have never seen the series since it introduces the characters from the beginning and has nothing to do with the original series. And if you have seen the show you just get to appreciate it that much more.
There are two things that made me want to watch the movie as many times as I did. Sure the characters were great and some of the lines were hilarious but neither is one of my reasons.
Reason 1) The soundtrack is amazing! Honestly, if the music can make or break a movie and it did anything but break this one.
Reason 2) The editing and camera shot are beautify. A lot of the movie has light spots. Some of the shots as also slanted. Between all this I find myself holding my breath. 
This is a beautiful movie.
...I have to see it again.
Anyway, there you have it. Our first look at Science Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment