Tuesday, November 29, 2011

TiMER (dir. Jac Schaeffer [2009])

* May contain spoilers *
Okay, so I’ve seen this movie before - my mom rented it once when it first came out. I didn’t recognize it by the title but in the first few seconds I remembered.
So for those who don’t know, the movie is about a small device implanted into your wrist that counts down to the moment you meet you soul mate. The story revolves around a family, one has her timer blank (her mate does’t have one yet), one has a count-down but it’s not for several years, the last gets it for his 14th birthday an is to meet his match in 3 days. There are other things that go on, you know, the whole plot thing, but I’m not going to get into that.
So, a question that arrises is who would you rather be? The one who doesn’t know, or the one that does and has to wait?
Regardless of who you choose to be, that movie does have some interesting life lessons.
Anyway, some observations. 
The mom, completely crazy. So totally different from anyone in my family that it makes me almost sick. I mean, yeah, my parents got together when they were 16 and my mom will ask me often if there is any guy I like at school, but she is not nearly as bad as the mom in the movie.
Also, while our conversations aren’t about the same things, my sister and I have about the same type of relationship as the two in the movie. It’s a very awesome relationship to have. She is most defiantly my best friend. 
And so that concludes the semester. Well, in a week anyway. But like I said, no assignment for next week. Though, I might post something in response to the film from last week since I got a title to watch to replace the once that we were suppose to see but had gotten taken off Netflix instant play.

No comments:

Post a Comment